Preview: The Theodore
Toronto isn't the only metropolitan hub for exciting new projects...and once we learned about Graywood Development's newest project in the heart of downtown Calgary, we knew this was an opportunity not to be missed.
Located at 10th and Gladstone, The Theodore is a ten storey boutique building in the heart of Calgary’s beloved Kensington community, a trendy village-like neighbourhood rife with potential. Poised to be Kensington's tallest building, The Theodore is just steps to the Sunnyside CTrain station and Riley Park, and across the street from Kensington Safeway. Graywood is no stranger to buzz-worthy projects located in up-and-coming destination locations. The developer is behind the sold out Scoop in West St. Clair West and the luxury Wonder Condos in the Studio District.
Make the most of your time at home
The Theodore pays homage to the pioneers, dreamers and doers who made Kensington Calgary’s most celebrated neighbourhood by offering a host of lifestyle solutions. Whether you're in it for the location, the investment potential, or finding the right-sized home for downsizers, the functional and modern suites are designed for every stage of life, with interiors by Connie Young Design offering a host of designer finishes that are sure to be the talk of the town.
Exceptional building amenities will include a beautifully appointed lobby and lounge area, rooftop terrace, and underground parking and locker. Parking priced at $40,000 (parking is included with 845+ square foot models), locker priced at $5,500. Low condo fees at $0.45/per square foot. Construction will begin soon, with completion date set for late 2022.
Why invest in Calgary?
Searching for the perfect investment opportunity means thinking strategically. Just like a solid investment in Toronto, we look at certain criteria when determining where to stretch our dollars:
- Calgary boasts the highest GDP per capita across all major Canadian cities. Economists are forecasting an average growth of 2.5% in GDP over the next three years
- The Theodore is located steps from the Sunnyside CTrain Station and minutes from the Southern Alberta Technical Institute (SAIT), the University of Calgary’s Downtown Campus, and the University of Calgary
- According to Statistics Canada, Calgary had the highest population growth over the past decade; the population is expected to become 1.399 million by 2023
- In 2018, net migration was expected to be nearly 2,000 people, but civic census figures showed a 2018 gain of more than 11,000 people
- CMHC has reported that the demand for rental housing in Calgary continues to rise with the inflow of urban professionals attracted to what the city has to offer
- The rental market in Calgary is on the rise, and Urban Analytics expects that increase to continue with rental rates hitting an average of $3.00 per square foot in the next two to three years
- Calgary offers investors an easy, hassle-free and affordable opportunity with $0 Property Transfer tax, $0 Vacancy Tax, and $0 Foreign Buyer Tax
No matter how you choose to enjoy Calgary’s best urban lifestyle, with more within reach, and more on every corner, you’ll find countless reasons to love life here.
Register for Exclusive Access
Why Choose Us
We guarantee you the lowest prices and incentives, very first access to inventory and project details, extended deposit structure, special investor incentives, full disclosure and no hidden fees.
We provide you with unparalleled support from day one, until closing and beyond: we will provide you with one-on-one purchase consultation, expert guidance in selecting your ideal floor plan, free agreement review by one of our qualified pre-construction lawyers, free mortgage approval with capped rate, and free expert advice during colour selection!